Special Conditions of Hire during COVID-19
(These conditions are supplemental to, not a replacement for, the Hall’s ordinary conditions of hire.)
- You, the Hirer, undertake to comply with the actions identified in the Hall’s risk assessment, a copy of which is attached and agree to fully adhere to the Special Conditions specified in the document.
- The Hall has the right to and will close the Hall if there are safety concerns relating to COVID-19, e.g. if someone who has attended the Hall develops symptoms and thorough cleansing is required or if it is reported that these Special Conditions of hire are not being complied with, or in the event that public buildings are asked or required to close again. If this is necessary, the Hall will promptly inform the Hirer and no hire charge will be made.
SC2: Before the Event
- The Hirer must ensure they are in possession of contact details for every person who attends their activity/event.
- The Hirer will make sure everyone likely to attend their activity/event understands that they MUST NOT DO SOif they, or anyone in their household, have had COVID-19 symptoms in the past 7 days. Also, if they develop symptoms within 7 days of visiting the premises they MUST use the Test, Track and Trace system to alert others with whom they have been in contact.
- Before other members of the group or organisation arrive, the Hirer is responsible for cleaning door handles, light switches, window catches, equipment, toilet flush handles and seats, wash basins and all surfaces likely to be used during the period of hire. Place small plastic waste bags (kept in the furniture store) into the pedal bins provided in the Main Hall and in the reception, cloak and toilet areas as well as the Changing room (in case of Emergency), if used. Refer to section SC6: Equipment, Materials & Consumables
SC3: During the Event
- The Hirer will be responsible for ensuring those attending the activity/event, while entering and occupying the Hall, comply with the COVID-19 Secure Guidelines (as shown on the attached poster and displayed at the entrance of the Reception area and in the Main Hall). In particular, making sure the hand sanitiser supplied is used by all when entering and leaving the Hall and after using equipment or tissues for use on faces or noses.
- The Hirer must ensure no more than 30 people attend their activity/event, so that social distancing can be maintained.
- The Hirer must ensure everyone attending maintains social distancing while waiting to enter, while occupying and exiting the premises, and observes the one-way system when using the toilets.
- During the period of hire the Hirer must regularly clean frequently used surfaces using materials and equipment specified in section SC6: Equipment, Materials & Consumables.
- The Hirer should keep the premises well ventilated throughout the period of hire, with windows and doors open as far as is convenient – Hirers are responsible for ensuring all windows and doors are securely closed before leaving the premises.
- The Hirer must make sure no more than one person uses each suite of toilets at one time; that the cleaning procedure for toilet users is strictly observed and the engaged/vacant sign is used at all times.
- The Hirer should, as far as possible, adopt a ‘one person in-one person out’ arrangement when using more confined areas e.g. transit via doorways, using the corridor to the left of the stage, moving and stowing equipment and that the duration of any closeness between people, within the social distancing limit, should be keep as short as possible.
- The Hirer must take particular care to ensure that social distancing is maintained for any persons aged 70 or over or likely to be clinically more vulnerable to COVID-19 including, for example, keeping them socially distanced when going in and out of rooms and ensuring they can access the toilets and other confined areas without others being present.
- As far as possible the Hirer should position furniture or the arrangement of the room to facilitate people seating side by side, rather than face to face, with at least one empty chair between each person. If tables are being used, the Hirer should place them so as to maintain a distance of at least 2 metres (1 metre with masks) when people are face to face e.g. using a wide U-shape.
- The Kitchen is currently not to be used. Until Hirers have been given the use of the Kitchen, they should bring their own drinks and food. Once the restriction is lifted, Hirers will be responsible, if drinks or food are prepared, to ensure all crockery and cutlery is washed in hot soapy water, dried and stowed away. Hirer must bring their own clean tea towels, and take them away at the end of the event.
SC4: After the Event
- After the event, before leaving the premises, the Hirer is responsible for cleaning door handles, light switches, window catches, equipment, toilet flush handles and seats, wash basins and all surfaces used during the period of hire. Refer to section SC6: Equipment, Materials & Consumables Take care when cleaning electrical equipment, and light switches. Please use sanitiser on cloths or Alcohol Surface wipes (65%+) – do not spray!
- Before leaving the Hall, the Hirer is responsible for the disposal of all rubbish created during the period of hire. This includes tissues, cleaning cloths and other waste disposed of in the plastic bags within the pedal bins provided within the Main Hall and in the reception, cloak and toilet areas as well as the Changing room (in case of Emergency), if used. Hirers who have brought their own tea towels and cleaning cloths must take them away at the end of the event. !! DO NOT DISPOSE OF ALCOHOL SURFACE WIPES DOWN IN TOILETS !!
SC5: Emergency Procedure
- In the event of someone becoming unwell, or identified as having suspected Covid-19 symptoms while attending the event the Hirer should remove them to the designated safe area which is the Changing room(off the corridor to the left of the Stage) together with the associated toilets.
- When leaving the premises the person identified as being unwell should exit via the external door at the end of the Stage corridor, while the remainder exit via the Reception and main entrance observing the usual hand sanitising and social distancing precautions.
- Under these circumstances all those attending should be advised to launder their outer clothes when arriving home. The Hirer must immediately inform the Hall Bookings Coordinator on 01285 343017.
SC6: Equipment, Materials & Consumables
- Hirers should only use the floor cleaning equipment stored in the Furniture storeroom and must not enter the Cleaner’s cupboard accessed via the cloak area.
- The Hall will meet all its obligations with regard to instructions and signage in line with government guidelines and in addition, will provide and maintain the supply of hand sanitiser in the reception and cloak areas and hand wash liquid and paper towels in all toilets and the Changing (Emergency) room, together with associated toilets. The Hall will also provide and maintain the supply of small plastic bags (kept in the furniture store) for use in pedal bins positioned in all areas.
- The Hirer must, as a minimum, provide and maintain sufficient Alcohol Surface wipes (minimum 65% alcohol) placed, during their period of hire, in every suit of toilets and the Changing (Emergency) room. Also to provide the necessary cleaning materials to meet their obligations detailed above and, where appropriate, provide cloths and tea towels. Hirers are instructed not to use bleach-based cleaning products on chair upholstery. !! DO NOT DISPOSE OF ALCOHOL SURFACE WIPES DOWN IN TOILETS !!
SC7: Performances & Using Hirer’s Equipment
- Hirers using the Hall for cultural acts and performances with seated audiences must provide Attendants who will organise those attending. On arrival, guests should be seated furthest from the entrance and when leaving, those closest to the exit should leave first. During the interval guests should be invited to use toilets one at a time and row-by-row.
- In addition to all the Special Conditions above, where an act or performers use their own equipment/instruments Hirers must instruct the act or performers to ensure only they carry and handle their equipment/instruments.
- When Hirers are authorised to use equipment provided by the Hall e.g. DVD player, sound equipment, microphones; only one nominated person should control and touch such equipment and will be responsible for ensuring cleaning after use. Please use sanitiser on cloths or Alcohol Surface wipes (65%+) – do not spray! !! DO NOT DISPOSE OF ALCOHOL SURFACE WIPES DOWN IN TOILETS !!
- Hirers must ensure that any equipment they provide and is stored in the Hall, is cleaned before use and before being stored in the Hall’s cupboards.