JUNE ‘21 SNAP-SHOT
The Chedworth Village Hall Management Committee met on June 7th and again on 28th June at the 2021 AGM. Below is a summary of the main discussions and decisions that will be of interest to Registered Supporters and the Parish Council.
- Current Covid-19 restrictions were eased a little more, sufficient for the Hall committee to meet face-to-face and for the AGM to take place. In addition to the Pre-school, some other regular and local users have returned under the Hall’s Special [Covid-19] Conditions. Provisional one-off bookings continue to be confirmed for the autumn and next year, and new bookings have also been taken, in anticipation of Covid-19 restrictions being lifted completely.
- The Hall’s financial situation continues to remain stable and there has, so far, been no need to untilise the Hall’s reserve fund. Almost all regular users of the Hall have managed to accommodate the increased hire rates applied in April and those making new bookings appear not to have been deterred.
- The 2021 Hall AGM was attended by 7 trustees and 11 other villagers, in person and via Zoom. As no 2020 AGM took place, matters arising from the 2019 AGM were discussed. This included the Hall’s revised constitution (Consolidates Scheme 16th April 2020), which has now been published on the Chedworth Village Hall website, and the need for the Village Hall committee to improve its communication with the Village. Major improvements made to the Hall over the past 2 years were highlighted and the majority of those attending voted for the Hall to request a grant from the Parish Council to support the Hall’s planned Security & Access Management project. Also discussed, was the Pre-school’s future at the Village Hall. Those who stood for election and elected as trustees, were Imogen Hutton-Potts, Ben Sturgess, Simon Colbeck, Charles Hutton-Potts and John Selway. Four further trustees will be confirmed/appointed by nominated regular user organisations during the next few weeks.
- The Officers of the Committee are now:
- Chairman – Charles Hutton-Potts
- Vice-chair – John Selway
- Secretary – Imogen Hutton-Potts
- Treasurer – Ben Sturgess
- Hall Supporters and Trustees. There is an opportunity for another trustee to join the committee as a casual or co-opted appointment and more supporters are always welcome to sign up. In particular demand, whether as a supporter or trustee, are those with technical skills in IT, with audio/visual equipment experience and someone with a project management background.
Charles Hutton-Potts, Chairman.